Is your fire escape certified or load tested as safe?
FREE EVALUATION or $100 COUPON
For one of our services: Reports, Certification or Load Test
3 EASY STEPS FOR FIRE ESCAPE CERTIFICATION or LOAD TEST
1) Fire Escape Evaluation: schedule a fire escape inspection by a Design Professional or other acceptable to Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and submit the inspection report to the owner and the City / Fire / Code Official (AHJ).
2) Review the submitted inspection report: If the fire escape passes the evaluation, go to step 3 OR perform repairs then go to step 3.
3) Fire Escape Certification or Load Test: Perform a fire escape Load Test (100 PSF) then submit a fire escape confidence test OR submit an opinion affidavit with disclaimer of liability OR submit a certificate of other evidence of strength in lieu of a Load Test, CERTIFICATION.
2012 IFC 122.214.171.124 Fire escape stairs must be examined every 5 years ,by design professional or others acceptable and inspection report must be submitted to the fire code official.
IBC 1001.3.3 All fire escapes shall be examined and/or tested and certified every five years by a design professional or others acceptable who will then submit an affidavit city official.
NFPA LIFE SAFETY CODE 101 126.96.36.199.2 The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) shall approve any fire escape by Load Test or Certification (other evidence of strength).
OSHA 1910.37 Exit routes must be maintained during construction, repairs, alterations or provide alternative egress with equivalent level of safety. (permit issued if egress is certified or with egress scaffolding)
Fire Escape Codes: Must be Evaluated Certified and/or Load Tested every 5 years
3 easy steps to Repair, Repaint or Replace a Fire Escape
1) Repair criteria must be submitted by Design Professional or other acceptable for
permit (if required) to the local Fire / Code Official.
2) Repaint as per accepted standard. If Lead Paint exists then EPA guidelines and
Renovator License required.
3) Replace (if needed) as per plans submitted by Design Professional to the local Fire /
1) Hire a certified / licensed Fire Escape Mechanic to do repairs as per
criteria / permit submitted (if required).
2) Hire a licensed Fire Escape Painter (must be licensed EPA renovator in
cases of lead paint)
3) Hire a certified / licensed Fire Escape Fabricator to build / install the
new fire escape as per plans / permit submitted.
All 3 steps require by code Project Oversight by a Design Professional or others acceptable to the Fire / Code Official with a signed and or sealed Industry Standard 5 yr Fire Escape Confidence Test submitted to complete the Certification process.
1) Load Test if the fire escape passes inspection or after spot repairs are performed.
2) Certification if fully refurbished in lieu of Load Test
3) Opinion Affidavits if acceptable to the Fire / Code Official with disclaimer of liability to the Design Professional
Load Testing, Certification and Opinion Affidavits can only be performed by a Design Professional or Other acceptable to the Fire / Code Official. A signed and or sealed Industry Standard Fire Escape Confidence Test must be submitted every five years or as directed by AHJ.
Load Test, Certification or get an Opinion Affidavit for a Fire Escape
CALL US NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION • 866-649-0333
FIRE ESCAPE CERTIFICATION OR LOAD TEST
Fire Escape Fatalities
Colorado Springs Collapse injures 3, 1 fatality
2 Boston Fire Fighters Perish Due to Welding on Fire Escape
Hank Phillipi Ryan Investigates Fire Escapes with no certification for 25 years!